Getting Started with Investing: Considering Brokerage Firms
When it comes to making your money grow, investing in trading is always an option that you should take into consideration. Fortunately, while it’s easy for a beginner to become overwhelmed, there are brokers you can turn to for advice and everything you’re going to need to make the most out of your venture into the world of trading. You can always try to learn the basics on your own but it’s better to learn from the experts so you can minimize your risks as much as possible.
Some of the brokerage firms you can check out include:
- OptionsXpress. With headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, optionsXpress is an online brokerage firm providing services for stocks, options, mutual funds, and futures, as well as fixed-income investments in the US and other parts of the globe. Its virtual trading platform provides investors with a means of testing trading strategies in real market conditions without having to put actual investments on the line. Some of the awards that have been given to optionsXpress include “Best Discount Broker in August 2004” and “Best Trading Tools in May 2009” by Smart Money and “Broker of the Year in 2010” by The Options Insider.
- tradeMONSTER. Backed by more than 20 years of experience in building businesses, tradeMONSTER is an innovative online brokerage service that aids self-directed investors in managing their money with the confidence and skill of a professional. Apart from integrating a comprehensive and systematic investment process with an easy-to-use but powerful online platform, tradeMONSTER also features a range of educational resources and a customer service arm to address whatever questions and concerns you might have regarding trading. This online brokerage service was founded by Pete Najarian, Jon Najarian, and Dirk Mueller, all professional traders and respected experts in the investment industry, in 2006.
- OptionsHouse. Founded in 2005, OptionsHouse made it its mission to provide stock and options investors the mobility of an online platform combined with the functionality and power of traditional software-based tools for trading by taking advantage of leading web technologies. With OptionsHouse tools, investors can trade like professionals, allowing them to make the most out of every investment they make. Clients can take advantage of trading tools and data feeds using a user-friendly interface that has been streamlined to be simple yet effective when it comes to trading investments. Competitive rates also support the superior value proposition claim that OptionsHouse is making.
- TradeKing. As a discount brokerage firm, TradeKing was launched in 2005, founded with the aim of offering services for active option and stock traders. It was one of the first to utilize social networking to make trading more accessible, as well as offering blog support for free and other web-based tools for clients to use. in 2006 and 2007, it was recognized by Smart Money as the top discount broker, while it finished in the top four for the years 2008, 2009, and 2011. It was also given the distinction of being the number 1 site to offer usability by Barron’s Magazine.
- Betterment. Betterment seeks to differentiate itself from other active trading sites by pointing out that it uses modern portfolio theories in order to model an overall market. When you have an account with Betterment, it’s going to be like you have shares in every US company. Betterment’s CEO points out that your money will grow over time with the market, highlighting that this should be the only gamble smart investors ought to take. Betterment is simple to use. Just set your risk preference and Betterment will take care of the rest for you.
- Scottrade. Also a discount brokerage firm, Scottrade has 505 branches in the US but also caters to Asia-Pacific customers. To offer clients utmost convenience, both branch and online services are offered, such as brokerage services, investment education, banking services, and the use of online trading platforms like the Scottrade Streaming Quotes, Scottrade Mobile Website, and the Scottrade OptionsFirst. In 2010, Scottrade was awarded by CEOWORLD Magazine as the “2nd Best Online Investments Stock Broker.” It was also consistently recognized by Fortune as part of its annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list from 2008 to 2011.
Trading can be very lucrative for investments but you’ll only make the most out of your money when you know what to do. These brokers can help you get started with trading but ultimately how your investments move will depend on you. It’s always a good idea to be safe but keep in mind as well that the bigger the risk, the greater the reward. Learn all you can about the market and the various strategies you can apply so you can make the right move at the right time. The market is very dynamic so you have to be flexible as well. Enlist the aid of one of these brokerage firms to help you find your way and make the most out of what investing in trading can offer.